Healthy Stuffed Chicken! So yum… so so yummy. And it’s guilt free - chicken and cottage cheese make it high protein that is low in saturated fats, you get at last 1 serve of veggies (more if you have veges/salad with it). And it’s easy enough for cooking noobs like me - who are paranoid about eating raw chicken - to make.
Recipe - serves 4
4 chicken thighs (boneless), fat cut off
120g cottage cheese
2 cups spinach, chopped
1 spring onion shoot, chopped
1 spring of parsley, chopped
1/3 tsp garlic paste
2 mushrooms, sliced
spices (eg, Portuguese chicken spices)
Preheat Oven to 200 °C
1. Cut the fat off the chicken thighs
2. In a bowl mix cottage cheese, spring onion, parsley, garlic paste
3. Lay out out the thighs and place a layer of sliced mushrooms on them
4. Put one spoonful of the cheese mixture in the centre of each thigh
5. Roll up the thigh, and skewer the ends together with a toothpick
6. sprinkle the outside of the chicken with spices, salt and peeper to taste and squeeze some lemon and 1tsp of olive oil per thigh
7. Grease a baking tray/oven safe container with 1-2 Tsp olive oil
8. Place the chicken on the tray and transfer to oven (I refrigerated while the oven heated up)
9. Cook the chicken for 40-50 minutes
10. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. If on a baking tray, cover with aluminium foil to trap moisture
11. Serve with fresh veg or salad!
Tip: I baked these on a tray but if you have an oven safe container with a lid that might make the chicken juicier.